Download the latest edition of the New Creation Pew News here. It is in a different format just for this week due to the amount of information required to explain the re-opening of churches for services.
We are happy to report that from today, our churches will be open during the day for private prayer. Our hope is that this brings tangible hope not only to the Christian community, but also to the wider villages as it has been so hard for the doors to be shut as they have been for so long. We kindly ask that those visiting the churches respect the guidelines on social distancing and the safety protocols that have been put in place for the well-being of us all.
Following the announcement by the Prime Minister that “Places of Worship” will be open for Private Prayer as from Monday 15th June, we have received various guidance and advice both from the national Church and the local Church in Bath and Wells.
After a Joint virtual meeting with the Standing Committees of both our Churches on Friday, we are working through things in the hope of being able to open the two Church buildings for personal individual Private Prayer as from Sunday 21st June. For many, being able to drop into the Church Building and light a candle, have a moment of calm and prayer, and feel the comfort of old familiar surroundings will be important in our journey of realising hope during these times.
Please bear with us, we are trying to do all that we can to make this possible but as you can appreciate there is lots of paperwork and practical things we are needing to sort out in order to make things as safe as possible.
We will try and keep people updated during the week on website and New Creation Facebook Page and there will be a further announcement in New Creation Pew News next weekend. I would like to thank the Wardens and the Standing Committee for their wiliness and hard work to seek to make this possible.
Our hope is that it brings tangible hope to not only the Christian community but also to the wider community as it has been so hard for the doors to be shut as they have been for so long.
For all other news for this week – download the latest edition of the New Creation Pew News here.
Thy Kingdom Come – Day 3
Click here to watch the service that was streamed live on Sunday 24th May
Links to songs/hymns and videos
“Thy Kingdom Come: Thankfulness as a way into Prayer”
Key text: 1John 4:9-10,19
- Matt 6:9-13, Luke 11:2-4 – Lord’s Prayer
- Exodus 4:18-23 – God as Father – Moses
- Isaiah 55:1-13 – Isaiah’s great poem of God’s covenant love
- Matt 26:36-42 – Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane
25:4-8 – Isaiah’s dream of the Messianic Banquet
Jesus’ fulfilment of this in:
- Feeding of the Five Thousand
- Eating with Tax Collectors and Sinners
- Eating at Zaccheus’ house
- Parable of the Great Banquet in Luke 14:15-24
- See Jesus’ fulfilment of this in:
Set Readings for today:
1Peter 4:12-14; 5:6-11
Hymns and Songs for Ascension:
Hopefully, something for everyone…
- “O Love that wilt not let me go” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmk9sfX_QPY
- “Make me a Channel of your Peace” – Songs of Praise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daGWdbrSGBM
- “O Thou who camest from above” – Rochester Cathedral – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3UYybc7Xa0
“Your Kingdom Come” – by Pete James – based on the Lord’s Prayer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA2q295l9A0
- “Lord, I need you” – Matt Maher – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvfMDhTyMA
- “Yahweh” – Rend Collective – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_hDPWPuR_k
- “King of Love: Song Sessions” – I am they – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3otElq6D4
- “Waymaker” – Mandisa – Lyrics version – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtjAeSGI8rg
- “When I survey the Wonderous Cross” – Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC1IllbwX4w
- Great funny sketch about Prayer:
- The Skit Guys “How to Pray” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzLsRn0TlxU
- Wonderful testimony to Prayer in Action – the AND of the Messianic Banquet – “From Bronx to Bradford: Friars on a Mission” – the story of the Community of Franciscan Renewal in Bradford by the BBC – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL9TGKRaVpA&t=1097s
- “Surprised by Hope” – by Tom Wright – this is his popular version of his seminal exploration of Resurrection and its implications.