Looking at Psalm 122
Looking at Psalm 131
A thought for Thursday based on Psalm 115
Our journey of forty days with the Celtic Saints has come to an end. Before we start the next chapter, we will have a few days of quiet reflection, so here’s a thought for the day.
Hi all. Matt has very kindly attached notes to the PowerPoint slides that he used on Sunday morning so that we can all read over them in our own time.
Click here to access our Facebook group Church@Home where you will find the downloadable file.
We hope you find this helpful. Love to all.
Click here to watch the service that was streamed live on Sunday 14th June.
Hymns, Songs, Readings and other links for Trinity Sunday –
“A New Church for a New Age:
the story of Peter and the message of hope in Cornelius (Acts Ch 10) – part of the focus for “40 Days on the Life and work of the Spirit.”
Key Bible Reading: Acts Ch 10:1-48 – the amazing story of the work of the Holy Spirit through Peter and Cornelius.
Galatians Ch 3:1-14 – Paul encourages the Christians in the Church at Galatia to trust in the promise of what Jesus has done for them and in the gift of the Spirit rather than trying to earn favour with God through works and through observing the Law. In so doing, he declares ALL people of faith, Jews and Gentiles, as open to receive the blessing given to Abraham.
Numbers 6:22-27 – The words of The Blessing given by God to Moses to be used by Aaron and his sons of how to bless the Israelites (and the people of God).
Set Readings for today:
Exodus 19:2-8a – God’s call to Moses and to the people from Mount Sinai.
Romans 5:1-8 – Paul’s account of how true peace comes from recognising what Christ has done for us and for the world.
Matthew 9:35-10:23 – Jesus sends out the twelve to preach the Good News of the Kingdom.
Hymns and Songs for 1st Sunday after Trinity:
The key theme today is Blessing, so if you do not have an opportunity to listen to anything else please, please see:
1. “The Lord Bless you and keep you” – John Rutter – sung by Toby and Hugh Davis (Liz Chappell’s grandchildren in St Andrew’s Church, Congresbury yesterday)
2. “The Blessing in Hebrew: Ha Bracha” – released by Joshua Aaron on Friday – praying God’s Blessing over Jerusalem – based on the well known original version by Kari Jobe and Cody Carnes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzqrWae5lK4
3. The Original Version of “The Blessing” – by Kari Jobe and Cody Carnes from Elevation Worship – I counted at least sixty nine versions of this available on YouTube in every language from Sweden to Australia, from Japan, to Russia, to Nepal, to South Korea, to QATAR, to Israel, to Europe, to America and Canada and Latin America, in Makaton, played by orchestras, violins, and sung by Virtual Choirs of ones and two to hundreds – a truly “GLOBAL SENSATION” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4
Important to Note: The words of BOTH versions of “The Blessing” (Rutter and Elevation Music) are the same – they are taken from the “Blessing given by God to Moses and to Aaron” (Numbers 6:24-26). It is also, historically, the Blessing always used by Francis of Assisi.
1. “Before the throne of God above” – a beautiful understanding of the richness of the Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MUNywhsZPU
2. “There is a Redeemer” – Keith Green – as we focus on the work of the Spirit – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqfdaCLm0Y
3. “Make me a channel of your Peace” – very appropriate at the moment – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daGWdbrSGBM
4. “Breathe on me breath of God” – Seeking to be filled with the Spirit’s love – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmkzSjs9eAw
5. “When I survey the Wonderous Cross” – True grace comes from recognising all God has done for us in Christ – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fvFfPqjO4
6. “Shine Jesus shine” – Graham Kendrick -asking God to not only bless this country but the world and bring His light into our darkness – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rce9UHYZwl4
Meditation – the number of versions of “The Blessing” – here is a short selection from the many available:
7. “The Blessing” – from Children from many different countries as a virtual Choir – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiWZXLsdE9w
8. “The Blessing” sung by two Healthcare Workers – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73wRe2oyjFQ
9. “The Blessing” sung and signed by the Makaton community – LOVE THIS – very humbling – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va048-XxFTI
10. “10,000 Reasons” – Matt Redman – Having a spirit of Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E
11. “Waiting here for you” – Christy Nockels – beautiful song about waiting on God for His blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em8EAHrW9fY
12. “The Hillsong Israel Tour from Caesarea” – A two hour marathon but with a powerful sermon and so many wellknown songs from the VERY PLACE where our Bible Story today is set – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk16ReaOuXw
13. “Oceans – from Caesarea” – Hillsong – classic, with the Mediterranean Sea in the background – given the place the lyrics are just so appropriate – for Paul’s epic journey, for the Gospel’s and for ours – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAR85rorvU
14. NEW SONG “Beautiful Stranger” – Rebecca St James – love the lyrics: “God, I hear You calling out to me in the voices of the least of these, calling me to reach beyond my world to the beautiful stranger” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zP8Uqs2PiE
15. “Video that will change your life. I have no words left” – story of BEING the Blessing – as St Francis said, “Go out and preach the Gospel to all the nations, and if you have to, use words” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT-HBl2TVtI
16. “Sergio and Rhoda got to Joppa (they call Jaffa) – and where the first part of our story took place – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkPEme9Zdqc&t=105s
17. “Sergio and Rhoda go to Caesarea Maritima” – the place where the other part of our Bible Story took place – and where both Peter and Paul visited – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ71dph8qE8
18. “The Sultan and the Saint” – Can be bought via Amazon – £6.49 (Need to play on a Computer or Laptop as PAL – US)