Party in the Wilderness
This Bank Holiday weekend is about a time of celebration – and hopefully you have found some way to share in this, from the most simple to the most grand. Partying is important to God – heaven, after all, is described on more than one occasion in the Bible as a ‘wedding banquet.’
At the same time, we’re in the midst of Lockdown and therefore not able to celebrate with the freedom we would have wished. But we look forward to a time when we can. This theme of now, and not yet is also a very theme for the people of God through biblical history, characterised best perhaps in the great story of the “feeding of the Five Thousand.”
So, we’re going to have a ‘virtual’ “Picnic on a Hillside” this Sunday (10th May). For this you will need:
- A Candle – as always – for our Easter light
- Something red, white and blue – could be bunting, could be a coloured in Poster (see the New Creation website or Facebook page), could be a scarf or Union Flag
- Some Flat or Unleavened Bread – could be Pitta Bread, a Cream Cracker, some Matzo, or Kirsty will kindly put up a recipe making your own Matzo Bread at home (very simple).
- Some Fish (of fish substitute) – not everyone likes fish, especially at 10.30 in the morning – but try and think creatively what you might use as an alternative, veggie or otherwise.
- Something to drink – Squash, Ribena, a glass of wine, or good old water.
Look forward to seeing you Sunday. Much Love, Matt.