Alleluia, Christ is Risen!,
He is Risen indeed, Alleluia!
Click here to watch Matt’s video from sunrise on Easter Sunday
Click here to watch the video of the live stream service from Easter Sunday
Hymns and Songs and other links for Easter Day:
Hopefully, something for everyone…
Hymns and Songs:
1. “Sing of the Lord’s Goodness” – sung by the Liz Chappell’s grandchildren – Davies boys – https://youtu.be/M-waxlj1yJo
Lyrics version to sing along with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWb0VrgTcag
2. “Christ the Lord is Risen today” – https://youtu.be/9khJXoL9QGk
3. “Thine Be the Glory!” – sung by the Davies boys – https://youtu.be/SIDDnPU81Tc
Lyrics version to sing along with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoV5w2Qfag
4. “Were you there when they crucified my Lord” – https://youtu.be/Y4mcJi390ng
5. Easter version of ‘Hallelujah’ – https://youtu.be/MC1Nvn4Bk0Y
6. “Risen” – a really pretty new Easter song performed by young people – https://youtu.be/xCQsK1t9EKY
7. “I will be undignified (live in Belfast)” by Rend Collective – guaranteed to have you dancing on Easter Day – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR1AoXyqsZ0
8. “Alive” by Natalie Grant (from Mary Magdalene) –
9. “Lechu Nerannena LeAdonai” (Let us sing to the Lord) – Praise to Our God 5 Concert – for those who would like something with a Jewish beat – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYF8xFeR8k
10. “Mary Did You Know” – Pentatonix –
11. Queen’s first ever Easter message – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv8nUZtVX84
12. “Lord’s Prayer” – sung in Aramaic (Jesus’ own language) before Pope Francis on visit to Georgia – heard nothing ever like it – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=locW-9S00VU
Obviously, look them up in your Bible’s, or you can find them online at www.biblegateway.com
13. Main Easter Day Reading – John’s Gospel ch.20:1-18
14. Easter Vigil Readings:
– Genesis ch.1:1-2.4a – The Story of Creation
– Exodus ch.14:10-end – God setting the people free from slavery in Egypt.
– Ezekiel ch.36:24-28 – God’s new vision for the people after they return from Exile in Babylon.
– Ezekiel ch.37:1-14 – God’s desire to bring a people to new life.
– Romans ch.6:3-11 – St Paul, “If we have been baptised with Christ into His death, we too might walk in His newness of life.”
– Isaiah ch.55:1-11 – “If we have been baptised with Christ into His death, we too might walk in His newness of life.”
15. Last Supper Reading – Matthew’s Gospel ch.26:17-30
– see esp. vs 29: “Jesus said, “I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
16. Feeding of the five thousand reading – Joh’s Gospel ch.6:1-15
– see esp. vs 15: “Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make Him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain to be by Himself and to pray.