The South Porch
This dates from the thirteen century and its inner doorways are finely carved. The chamber over the porch was added in 1825, but prior to this there may have been a priest’s chamber over the porch. The small doorway certainly gave access to a Palm Sunday Gallery from which palm branches were strewn during the great Palm Sunday Processions of previous centuries.
There is an ancient lock on the inner doorway of the Porch.