Since its consecration by Bishop Jocelin on 11th July 1215, St Andrew’s has been a place of worship and of witness to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
St Andrew’s was built in the Early English style of the thirteenth century, but was extensively altered and enlarged in the fifteenth century. Its appearance today belongs largely to the Perpendicular style of this later period.
A particular feature is the wide variety of fine stone corbels (projections) supporting roof timbers and mouldings around arches. The overall style and appearance of St Andrew’s can best be appreciated by facing eastward from near the centre of the Nave.