Font and Tower Screen
At the West End of the Nave is the Font. The bucket shaped bowl itself is Norman with fine cable-work mouldings. The clustered pillars of the pedestal supporting it, however, are thirteenth-century. They resemble the Early English pillars of the North aisle; the same design is seen at the base of the Pulpit. The wooden font cover is of Jacobean style and craftsmanship dating from the early seventeenth century.
To the West beyond the Font is the Tower Screen, the doors of which belonged to the Rood Screen. The Tower Screen was glazed and extended into the arch in 1949 as the inscription indicates.