Click here to see David’s video for Tuesday 26th May.
Thy Kingdom Come – Day 3
Click here to watch the service that was streamed live on Sunday 24th May
Links to songs/hymns and videos
“Thy Kingdom Come: Thankfulness as a way into Prayer”
Key text: 1John 4:9-10,19
- Matt 6:9-13, Luke 11:2-4 – Lord’s Prayer
- Exodus 4:18-23 – God as Father – Moses
- Isaiah 55:1-13 – Isaiah’s great poem of God’s covenant love
- Matt 26:36-42 – Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane
25:4-8 – Isaiah’s dream of the Messianic Banquet
Jesus’ fulfilment of this in:
- Feeding of the Five Thousand
- Eating with Tax Collectors and Sinners
- Eating at Zaccheus’ house
- Parable of the Great Banquet in Luke 14:15-24
- See Jesus’ fulfilment of this in:
Set Readings for today:
1Peter 4:12-14; 5:6-11
Hymns and Songs for Ascension:
Hopefully, something for everyone…
- “O Love that wilt not let me go” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmk9sfX_QPY
- “Make me a Channel of your Peace” – Songs of Praise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daGWdbrSGBM
- “O Thou who camest from above” – Rochester Cathedral – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3UYybc7Xa0
“Your Kingdom Come” – by Pete James – based on the Lord’s Prayer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA2q295l9A0
- “Lord, I need you” – Matt Maher – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvfMDhTyMA
- “Yahweh” – Rend Collective – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_hDPWPuR_k
- “King of Love: Song Sessions” – I am they – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3otElq6D4
- “Waymaker” – Mandisa – Lyrics version – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtjAeSGI8rg
- “When I survey the Wonderous Cross” – Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC1IllbwX4w
- Great funny sketch about Prayer:
- The Skit Guys “How to Pray” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzLsRn0TlxU
- Wonderful testimony to Prayer in Action – the AND of the Messianic Banquet – “From Bronx to Bradford: Friars on a Mission” – the story of the Community of Franciscan Renewal in Bradford by the BBC – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL9TGKRaVpA&t=1097s
- “Surprised by Hope” – by Tom Wright – this is his popular version of his seminal exploration of Resurrection and its implications.
Click here to see Howard’s video for Day 2 of Thy Kingdom Come, Saturday 23rd May.
A message from Howard:-
Call for People who want to Create A Rule of Life for Lockdown
If anyone in New Creation Churches and further afield is interested in exploring how to create a Rule of Life amidst the restrictions of Lockdown, please join me in weekly conversation over the period of weeks before restrictions are lifted.
Matt and I (and the PCCs) wish to offer a virtual home group online that starts with Bible Study (looking at 1 Thessalonians when the early Church worked out how to live in a time of lock down and persecution), goes on to consider our daily living and then works towards establishing a Communal Rule of Life.
If this takes off, we will look at the insights of the Celtic saints and begin to build a Communal Rule (The Rule of St Congar?) that considers how we build habits of worship, service and mission. Who knows, we might emerge from lockdown with greater balance than before.
If this sounds something that you’d like to be a part of, it will mean prioritising an hour each week from 7.30-8.30pm. You will need a computer to get on line (for Zoom or LifeSize), a Bible and a desire to change.
The next question is the evening (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday). Please e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll gather interest and identify the best date. Ideally we’d start the week beginning 11 May (if this has wider traction).
Howard Worsley (07528 565 600) 28 April
Matt’s back today – click here to view his prayer video for Saturday 4th April
A daily prayer video with a difference – click here to watch Kirsty’s video for Friday 3rd April